According to a recent report by Comscore, here is the latest mobile usage pattern in the last three months(ending Jan)
- The number of U.S. smartphone subscribers surpassed the 100-million mark in January, up 13 percent since October to 101.3 million subscribers.
- Google Android ranked as the top smartphone platform with 48.6 percent market share (up 2.3 percentage points) followed by Apple with 29.5 percent market share (up 1.4 percentage points). RIM ranked third with 15.2 percent share, followed by Microsoft (4.4 percent) and Symbian (1.5 percent).
- 74% U.S. mobile subscribers used text messaging on their mobile device, up 2.8 percentage points.
- Downloaded applications were used by 48.6 percent of subscribers (up 4.8 percentage points)
- Accessing of social networking sites or blogs increased 3.4 percentage points to 35.7 percent of mobile subscribers.
- Game-playing was done by 31.8 percent of the mobile audience (up 2.6 percentage points)
- 24.5 percent listened to music on their phones (up 3.3 percentage points)